Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bang, Bang...A Bulleted Update

Since my last post I've:
  • 6/2: 6 hours of class. Apply for parking pass one day late because they don't let you apply the day before your pass expires. Go figure.
  • 6/3: 12.5h clinical
  • 6/4: 11 hour clinical
  • 6/5: Abigail's last day of Kindergarten. So proud of her. Drive to DE for a wedding.
  • 6/6: Attended a beautiful wedding and reception in DE. The weather and company couldn't have been more enjoyable. Slight snafu with the dress I brought (the ladies were bigger than I thought. Ran out one hour before departure to find a dress that fit properly).
  • 6/7: Drove back home from DE.
  • 6/8: 12 hour clinical
  • 6/9: 6 hours of class + 9 hours of clinical
  • 6/10: Appt with midwife- up 10 pounds...holy crap...already topped what I gained with either of the other girls...I blame stress, although it's more likely the new found ability to eat sugar + 9 hours of clinical. Brian had a job interview...woo hoo!
  • 6/11: Finally a day "off". Day spent catching up on homework, cleaning 3 bathrooms, mopping kitchen, playing with the kids and cooking up a tray of ziti. Happy Birthday MIL!
  • 6/12: Brian takes the girls away for the weekend while I immerse myself in clinical- 9 hours today. I'm so exhausted I go to bed at 7:30.
  • 6/13: 12 hour clinical
  • 6/14: 12 hour clinical
  • 6/15: 8 hour clinical and I finally get to see my little ladies and my man. Exhausted. Cooked chicken for a casserole the next day.
  • 6/16: Woke up to find chicken still cooling on the counter. Class and last minute assignment submission. Pick up more chicken on the way home and make casserole.
  • 6/17: A day off, it rained and poured all day. Put away laundry, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned bedrooms, ran around town with Abigail to find father's day and birthday gifts for Brian.
  • 6/18: The girls let me sleep in until 7:30, it was amazing. Played with the girls, wrote thank-you notes, completed handout to distribute for my class project, started writing assignment, finally got around to blogging. Brian did not get the job...boo hoo :(

There are many other things that I did not touch on. Just too much to address in this blog. Between finishing out the final intense weeks of the nursing program, nearing the end of my pregnancy, feeling the pressures of the horrible economy....oh, and did I mention that student loans are delayed by two months because of a new computer system they are implementing at Financial Aid. Ya, that's exactly what I need right now.

I'm going to try to enjoy my few days off. I am commitment-free until class on Tuesday and am going to try to enjoy my family and "free" time. I try to stay optimistic and believe everything will work out for us. We're smart and hard-working people. We live within our means. We have many college degrees. Those traits and a $1.00 won't even get you a cup of coffee these days.

Mood: disappointed and overwhelmed.

No comments: