Friday, December 12, 2008

Brief Overview of Badness

Brian blogged this in more detail on his blog www.heromaker.net, so I will be brief. Don't feel like investing anymore time on it.

1) Brian got laid off. We have money coming in through late winter, but it still sucks.
2) Brian's hard drive crashed, as did the backup hard drive.
3) We had to buy a new computer (fancy enough to finish off the job that he is being laid off from).
4) Got a bad grade on my Epi final and the teacher is slow to respond (rather I'm impatient).

So, Brian has had his job for 8 years. It allows him to work from home. He gets to meet Abigail at the bus every afternoon and chat over snack time. There is always someone home if an appliance needs to be repaired. And the best, Brian and I get to enjoy lunch dates and morning coffee. BUT, I am optimistic that there is enough time for us to find something new, and not just any old job, a great job.

As for my stinking bad grade, I never trust online exams. Not because they can't be reliable, but because they haven't been reliable during this program. I aced that final, so I have a lot digging to do to figure out what went wrong. Did she post another student's grade, did the computer stop accepting answers after a certain point. Who knows. Tired of having to be so proactive just to get shit done.

No comments: