Thursday, December 03, 2009

Dear Scrub Designer,

I am not a five year old little girl looking to wear cartoon characters on my tops.

Not all nurses become pediatric nurses which might justify wearing cartoon characters on their tops.

The unshapely boxy look is flattering for no one.

I do not want to flash my goodies every time I lean over to take care of my patients.

The ability to pull off wearing Pepto Bismol pink or purple pants ended when I went through puberty.

Elastic waist pants are something my grandmother would wear.

Drawstring pants give you a bunchy bottom and constantly have to be retied.

What's wrong with a button and a zipper like normal people? I'm sure men wearing scrubs would appreciate the zipper feature.

I do not think I can justify spending more money on scrub tops and pants, that will get covered in blood and body fluids, than I do on my everyday clothes.

All white...are you kidding me? I'm no scarey Nurse Ratched.

I am a professional and would like to buy a look that reflects that at a reasonable price.

All that said, you're likely to find me wearing a pink polka dot top with turquoise drawstring pants this winter because that's all they had in my price range. Way to start my nursing career looking like a tart.

3 comments:

Da Doo Run Run said...

Ha ha! You shuld come work at Mary Washington Hospital. There the scrub colors are mandated by your job. I believe as an RN you would be assigned navy blue.

Jenna said...

Hi Kerri! Found your blog through your facebook page... I enjoy your writing style and humor! :) And congratulations on little Bridget! She's adorable!

Kerri said...

thanks, jenna. it's nice to know
i'm not writing to crickets. Love the photos on your blog. You are very talented.