Thursday, May 14, 2009

All About Me-Mother's Day

Well, this week has been one big Kerri-party. It kicked off with an amazing Mother's Day. I got to sleep in a little while Brian did some dishes and got the girls dressed. Then we enjoyed delicious Dunkin' Donuts. If you've know me for a while, you may recall the food sensitivity ordeal I've juggled since before I got married. Well, three pregnancies and chemical changes later and I seem to tolerate just about anything that crosses my path. I haven't had a Dunkin' Donut in about 9 years and it was deliciuos. That Vanilla Kreme donut pretty much sugared me out for the day. I then got to open presents from the most thoughtful family ever. The girls made me cards and decorated flower pots at school. I now have the task of trying to keep those babies alive. I am completely capable of sustaining life (evidenced by Abigail and Autumn), but when it comes to plants the desire is lacking. Abigail also made me a rainbow-painted clay turtle. Brian thoroughly pampered me. I got a super fluffy white spa towel to go with a bubbly, massaging foot spa. Given the pregnancy and the long clinical shifts this summer, this is a dream come true. He even got me a Cosmo to read while soaking my pups (you know, the sex issue, because which issue isn't?). To indulge my love of period-era movies, he bought me The Duchess. How have I never heard of this movie? It is totally me. Then, since Abigail was Brian's shopping helper, I got some Lip Smackers lip glosses in Vanilla and Birthday Cake. Sparkly fun. I even got a card from the new baby. Brian took the girls to visit his mom for the morning, which gave me the house to my house for a bit. I flipped through the ads, took a nap, and read my book. Then Brian brought home some KFC for lunch (I know. I must be pregnant). Then the girls just played sweetly all afternoon while I relaxed. I made a light salad for dinner (Given I was stuffed from the food earlier) and caught up on some Heros with Brian. Nothing better than curling up on the sofa my man.

Well, the rest of the week will have to wait until another post. This one was much longer than I had planned and it's time to get my baby girls tucked into bed.

No comments: