Sunday, May 24, 2009

Girl vs. Boy

So, if you're anything like me, when you're pregnant you weigh the pros and cons of having a boy or a girl. Ultimately, it did not matter, but I'll share with you my list and explain why this even matters since we already know we are having a girl.

A Boy:
Pros:
we quickly agreed on a name.
we'd get a whole new persepective on life.
he'd have lots of nephews to play with.

Cons:
We'd need to gather boy clothes and toys.
We'd be faced with the decision...to circumcise or not?
We'd have to worry about getting sprayed during diaper changes.
The fear of unlimited energy little boys potentially possess.
Everyone and their brother who thought we were going to have a boy would feel like "they knew it." Nobody knows it, it's a 50/50 guess. I didn't feel like hearing 95% of the people I know say "I told you so."

A Girl:
Pros:
we've got clothes for years to come.
we've got lots of pink and girly toys.
they are so cute to dress up.

Cons:
THE NAME....there are many names Brian loves, many I love; but the problem lies in the lack of names that we both love. I can't say that there are any that we both like, rather a lucky few that we don't cringe over.

We are on the cusp of my third trimester and the name game hovers over us like a dark cloud.

Believe me, I've heard it all before...

"Will you continue with the "A" names?"...This was not intentional the first time around. We just happened to like two names that began with the letter "A". I will neither avoid, nor go out of my way to have another "A" name.

"Will the babies middle name rhyme with the big girl's...Paige and Sage?" Again, not intentional. Sage was just as big a contender for the first name. They were names we liked, they just happened to rhyme. (FYI: don't use up all of your favorite names on one kid, then there is nothing leftover for the rest of them).

"You could name the baby after yourselves.".... no, we can't. Our names have served us well, but aren't anything we want to pass along. Sorry.

This little lady can't go unnamed forever. We'll let you know when she's born in 13+/- weeks.

Now, let's see if we get lucky and get another fun birthday.
Abigail kicked off the trend with 05-04-03.
Autumn followed up with 11-11-05 (in addition to having the redunant number, she also always gets her birthday on a holiday).
Baby girl Murphy...will you hold out until September to get a fun 09-0#-09 or will you try to convince me that random numbers can be just as fun? Only time will answer these questions.

No comments: