Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Waiting Game

Well, we seem to be doing a lot of waiting this year.

When will Brian get an interview for the all the jobs he's applied to?

Brian got an interview, when will they let us know if he has the job?

Repeat

I interview for nursing positions..oh a hiring freeze....when will I know if I have a job, let alone one on a unit I want?

Financial aid is behind, when will they be cutting checks?

Someone is having surgery, when will we hear they did ok?

Baby was due three days ago, when will she get here?!

Some of these questions have already been answered, but many are still unknowns. Many keep repeating themselves, only to leave us waiting some more. I am typically a pretty patient person, but I could really use a little predictability in my life. At least the option to look at the full hand and run through the various ways it will play out. I've tried to keep busy, but I am running out of distractions. While I will still be in waiting mode for some of these questions, I know for certain I will have one very tiny and adorable distraction in no more than 10 days.

Until then, I'll keep my ears open for all the shoes to drop.

2 comments:

T. said...

I'm ok. biopsy by week's end.

one of your many!

Kerri said...

glad to hear it. grandma murphy pulled through her hip surgery yesterday. brian will here back from his interview next week. summer financial aid did arrive last week (2 weeks after summer classes were finished), and we're bound to meet this baby sooner or later, just not yet.