Friday, August 21, 2009

What Really Matters

Despite my previous posts, I am reminded today that it does not really matter when our baby arrives. We have no control over when we are born or when we die. Along the way, we will face challenges with jobs, disease, and family. While there is nothing I can do to control the inevitable, I can control how I respond to it. I can stress less about the "what ifs" that may or may not be and focus more on what is real and in front of me. I won't give up planning and organizing what little I do have control over, but the rest I will just take as it comes and come out the other side better and stronger for it.

2 comments:

T. said...

Jump up and down! She may fall out!

:) Have a safe one and keep us posted!

-t

Kerri said...

i acknowledge my lack of control, but i'll hold off on coaxing her until monday when my midwife is back in town. either that or labor better kick in rifght this very minute. nope, not a twinge.