Friday, August 08, 2008

Vacation in Less Than a Day

We will be dropping the girls off for a sleepover at Gramma and Grandpa's tomorrow afternoon and will be kid free until Tuesday afternoon. It will be so relaxing to leave town and enjoy our 7th Anniversary. That meant that today was spent buying groceries for the family beach trip that we leave for the day after we get back from our Anniversary trip. Abigail and I baked lasagna for the beach and lemon bars for the annual MOMS Club Kernels for Kidneys event tomorrow morning. I packed the girls suitcases, picked up a book at the library, danced around all day to AOL radio's Top 111 worst songs (I hardly consider "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt to be in the Top 100 WORST songs), and remembered to buy stamps (this is monumental, I kid you not). As detail oriented as I am, I notoriously forget stamps even when they are written on The List. It's become quite a joke. But, I conquered that reputation; for today anyway. I will kick of my vacation a little early by hitting Fridays After Five with my friend Becky. A Carribean Orchestra, some beer, good company...I can feel the muscles turn to putty already.

Hope my escape from the daily grind will rub off a little on each and every one of you.

No comments: