Monday, April 14, 2008

Potpourri

I am short on time and have heaps of homework to catch up on. Here is a hodge podge of thoughts.

An old coworker of mine was murdered on Saturday. Our interaction was only work-related, but she impressed me as a very sweet and thoughtful girl. Senseless, sensless violence.

Lessons learned from a life lost too soon: Our time here is brief. Don't keep putting everything off until you get older, richer, or have more time. You will end up too old with a lot of money, but no memories.

I got to visit the cardiac cath lab today for school. What a great environment. It was clean and smelled good and the teamwork was incredible. It was refreshing to see a different side of nursing and I liked it...a lot. That was the last bit of my clinical for this semester. WOO HOO!

The Princess is recovered from pneumonia. The Pixie still has a really chunky cough, but as a small sign of improvement, she is sleeping better. The Prince has come down with the nasty virus himself and is just miserable. Hopefully he will feel better by week's end.

I, myself, am exhausted. I am already fantasizing about a bubble bath and cozy comforters. Just 7 hours until I get to take a little break for myself.

No comments: