Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hello Sunshine

Since my last post, the weather has been rainy and cold and downright moody. Didn't help that since my last post school has been more painful than labor. Don't even get me started. So, I'm going to avoid the rant in my head and focus on some fun Princess stories.

Yesterday as I was dressing the Princess, I managed to get her shirt stuck on her head making it look like she was wearing a habit. She looked cute and I told her she looked like a nun. I immediately got a pouty girl pleading, "Don't call me names, mommy". I had to laugh because she thought 'nun' was a mean word. To her credit, there's no reason she should know what a nun is; we aren't religious and I have not gone over the religious basics with her yet. Reminder to self: do this before Kindergarten starts.

The Princess is also an incredible picky eater. Last night at 8:30 she crept down the stairs asking to be tucked in and saw that I was making myself dinner. Asking for a "midnight snack", I told her she was welcome to try some roasted red peppers or lettuce if she was hungry. To my great surprise she ate them both. I doubt she'll do it again in the near future, but it was nice to see her try something new. (Granted the amount of pepper consumed was smaller than the head of an eraser, but it still counts).

The Pixie is in a huge puzzle phase. We have a stack of about 12 and she will spend an hour doing them over and over and over again. This is really helping her speech. I can now add "choo choo train" to the list of "recognizable" words. Every little bit helps.

No comments: