Thursday, June 05, 2008

Again....

Seriously, I've been avoiding the blog because I just don't think people can stand hearing me rant anymore. I can't stand hearing me rant anymore. This summer semester really fuels the negativity. In addition to 'gouge-my-eyes-out' boring clinicals, we have to take a culture and health class. I thought it would be neat to learn about how different cultures approach health and wellness.....NOT. It's really a class about how racist we all are and a history of all the mistakes we've made. And I've never met judgier people than I have since working in the hospital, it's disgusting. But how about a class that teaches solutions and explains how to provide culturally specific care while providing equal care. If you treat every patient the same, they say you aren't being culturally sensitive. Treat everyone according to their culture and now you're being racist. Throw me a bone people. I just want to help keep you healthy.

No comments: