Saturday, June 21, 2008

Moving On

My OB class is officially over. Thank goodness. I am moving on.

My almost 16 year old niece stopped over for a quick visit earlier this week in between home and grandmommy's. We had a fun morning taking the little girls for a walk around the lake, playing at the park, then off to the pool in the afternoon. A very busy day, including Autumn's first speech therapy session and Abigail's participation in another early childhood development study. My niece has grown up into such a fun young lady and she is so great with the girls. It was a real treat to have her. Doesn't hurt that we got to crank up Fergie in the car on the drive up Wednesday night. Good times.

Last night was the annual MOMS Club banquet. My friend had it at her house and it was such a relaxing evening; complete with a dip in the hot tub. It was a little bittersweet, as I feel I've outgrown it and likely won't renew this fall. I was a member for four years, was Administrative VP (ran service projects), was President, hosted and participated. The little ladies and I have made a lot of really great friends. I'm sad to close another chapter, but I am happy we have made some friends for life. I am also excited to see what kindergarten brings our way.

I keep thinking I will get some down time at some point this summer to reflect and relax, but I have to admit to myself that I don't think that is going to happen. I will just have to take advantage of the few rare moments.

No comments: