Saturday, June 28, 2008

Showing My Age

As I was driving home from class on Friday, I pulled up behind a suped up Chevy that was all decked out in Corona advertisments. The whole thing was yellow and it had a Corona symbol tinted all over the back window. I heard some loud revving and rumbling. My first thought was, that suped up car must have one of those mufflers that makes it crazy loud, like young people like to do. I turned down my music (which admittedly had the bass and volume cranked loud enough to make my car shake), only to discover....oh, shit.....that's my car!!! I'm the one driving around the clunker. I drive through the shopping center parking lot, pass my house, and straight to the auto shop. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. They didn't have time to diagnose it on Friday and aren't open on the weekends, so we'll have to wait until Monday to find out what's wrong with. Hopefully it's nothing too expensive, but we've owned it for over seven years and have done little more than oil changes, new tires, and possible brake pads. Needless to say, it will probably be a doozy.

No comments: