Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Survived

What a day. Took the girl's to Bodo's for breakfast bagels...wait. My day actually started in the middle of the night when the Pixie got up a bijillion times because of a newly developed cold. Now, where were we...bagels. The Princess went to school and the Pixie and I returned home to have an hour and a half speech assessment. The entourage was hardly in the door before they were nodding their heads "we can't understand a word she says, either". So the Pixie is having a little trouble being "intelligible". She should be about 62% intelligible and is hovering in the low 30s. She has many of her own words for things, strings together 6+ words, can be told to go upstairs to retrieve socks and return not only with socks, but ones that match and her shoes to boot. So, we qualified to have someone come visit us twice a month and work with us on speech. Hurray. I know it will be a slow road, but I feel I've got a victory.

Then is was off to a Doctors appointment of my own (while trying to cram for my online exam). Off to the library to minimize my distractions and accomplished a 98% on the test. Darn well better considering I've squeezed out two little feti of my own.

Then I grabbed the girls, we played at the park and now it is bath time. A very productive day, all in all.

No comments: