Friday, May 16, 2008

Little Lady Date- Part Two

Yesterday it was time for a little lady date with the Princess, but only after I watched her do show-and-tell. The little lady isn't so little and has grown out of her clothes lickety-split. So we were off to do some clothes shopping. The princess takes after her father when it comes to clothes shopping. She has a defined idea about what she likes to wear, turns her nose up at what she doesn't like, but doesn't want to take the time to puruse the racks of clothes. I found some great buys, but next time I will just a sampling of clothes and return the one's she doesn't like.

While morning shopping didn't receive applause, lunch at the mall with one of her oldest friends was a big hit. Then ice cream and crafts at home. The girl used up glue faster than I could fine the next tube. Just like her dad and I, the princess needs a good bit of quiet time. By afternoon, she had retreated to her sister's room explaining that "it was dirty and needed to be cleaned up". She even laid out the Pixie's pj's on the floor like a Flat Stanley. Seriously, we didn't do this to her, she just came out this way (I am so lucky).

As a final special treat, she got to stay up late and watch Enchanted complete with popcorn and surround sound. She enjoyed it so much she even clapped at the very end. While the day didn't go exactly as I'd anticipated, we had a great day together and she loved being an only child for a day.

I'm off to go camping with my BFFs and a few other ladies (if that angry cloud in the west cools its heels).

No comments: